Traverse City, MI 49685
linkedin.com/in/patrickavaughan • firstname.lastname@example.org • rootuser.ninja/wordpress/resume
Information Systems Team Leader
Multifaceted technical career with 20-year track record of innovation and success
Technically sophisticated IT engineering professional with a proven history of effective team leadership, virtualization, and implementation across geographically diverse datacenter environments. Broad knowledge of disaster recovery, network and server administration, and enterprise-wide management solution implementation. Proficient in standardizing and improving configuration and procedures to enhance business productivity, staff operations and contain costs.
Virtualization / Project Management / User Training and Support
Disaster Recovery & Risk Management / Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
Linux / IBM AIX 4.1 – 7.1 / RedHat Satellite
IBM PowerVM / VMWare ESXi / Cloud Computing
High Availability / IBM PowerHA / RedHat Enterprise Clustering
Brocade SAN Switches / IBM Storage / NetApp Storage / EMC vPlex
Cerner – CareMobile, PowerChart,724 Level 1 / Oracle 8 – 12c support
Backup and Recovery / Veritas NetBackup / IBM TSM / Perl / Shell Scripting
Sentry Data Systems, Deerfield Beach, FL
Sr. Manager IT Systems Administration (05/2017 – Present)
Manages a team of Linux systems engineers, supporting multiple nation-wide datacenters for a leading healthcare data analytics company.
- Reduced open ticket count by ~85%
- Reduced new trouble tickets by ~45%
- Slashed average ticket resolution time from years to 1.12 days
- Consolidated applications between datacenters, a $240k annual reduction in costs.
- Managed a project to standardize virtualization platforms in one datacenter, consolidating 3 different virtualization technologies to VMWare and reducing physical footprint by ~75%.
Dialog Direct, Highland Park, MI
Manager of Infrastructure Engineering (09/2014 – 04/2017)
Managed backup and systems engineering operations for a marketing company of 7 nation-wide datacenters and 5,700 employees. Implemented critical RedHat Satellite enterprise solutions to proactively manage security advisories and patches, reduce security exposures, and enhance regulatory compliance. Directed the standardization of configuration and procedures to reduce required staff training while improving availability. A key resource in working with PCI teams to obtain certification and implement PCI CDE servers in accordance with NIST benchmark standards.
- Spearheaded developing processes and documentations to improve system supportability, standardization, and time to deployment.
- Reduced licensing costs by 50% through virtualization of physical server footprint.
- Architected and implemented an enterprise backup solution.
- Led the implementation of an enterprise monitoring solution, reducing product redundancy, complexity and cost.
Munson Healthcare, Traverse City, MI
Senior Systems Engineer & Open Systems Team Lead (11/2000 – 09/2014)
Coordinated all implementation operations, including budgeting, solution design, hardware selection, installation, migration, backup and recovery for mid-sized implementation of Cerner products and other enterprise systems. Carried out coordination and implementation of OS patches, upgrades, High Availability architecture, and virtualization initiatives on PowerVM and VMWare. Instituted regular patching, hardware refreshes, and upgrade cycles to maintain high performance and availability.
- Administered and implemented a medium-sized SAN storage infrastructure using IBM storage alongside Brocade fiber switches servicing various geographically dispersed systems and environments.
- Supported Linux, AIX, HP-UX, and VMWare as Senior Engineer.
- Administered IBM TSM backup and recovery supporting Linux, AIX, HP-UX, VMWare and Microsoft Windows clients utilizing enterprise tape libraries across varied geographic datacenters.
- Enhanced productivity, reduced costs, and provided new services across all projects.
Professional Computer Solutions, Cadillac, MI
Senior Systems Engineer (10/1999 – 11/2000)
Provided expert consultancy regarding PC networks, RS/6000, AS/400, and Linux networks. Supervised subsidiary IT department teams in administering Linux server farms, installing and upgrading client servers, and handling customer relations.
- Coordinated large-scale client network selection, installations, and administration.
Additional experience as Systems Engineer (3 years) with BlueWare Inc. and Systems Engineer (2 years) with VCS Computers.
Education and Training
IBM: pSeries Technical University, 2013, 2010
RedHat: RH436 Red Hat Enterprise Clustering & Storage Management, 2011
IBM: AN300: Power Systems for AIX – Virtualization, 2011
Brocade: CFP380: Advanced Fibre Channel Administration & Theory, 2010
Associate of Science, Computer Information Systems
IBM Certified Systems Expert:
High Availability for AIX Technical Support & Administration
Virtualization Technical Support for AIX & Linux
IBM Certified System Administrator: AIX 7
IBM Certified Administrator: Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3
RedHat Certified Engineer RHEL6 | RedHat Certified System Administrator RHEL6
IBM AIX 6.1 System Administration | IBM 5L Installation, Backup, & System Recovery
IBM AIX 5L System Administration | IBM AIX V4 Technical Support | IBM AIX V4 Sales