Shutdown Event Tracker is enabled by default and supported on all Windows Server 2003 family of operating systems.
To disable Shutdown Event Tracker perform the following:
- Open Group Policy, then load the group policy you want to apply the change to.
Note:On a computer that is not a part of a domain you can set this feature locally by running GPEDIT.MSC from the Run command.
For example, if you want the setting to affect the entire domain, edit the Default Domain GPO, or another GPO on the domain level.
- Expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System.
- Double-click Display Shutdown Event Tracker.
- Select Disabled.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.
- If you want the change to take place right now, refresh the GPO by running gpupdate /force